Fred informed me today that he has never made a pie other than pumpkin pie. I was in shock. I told him that we could make one together and that I would help him. I asked him what kind of pies he likes. He said that he likes strawberry and cherry and coconut cream. I love coconut cream pie! Then I started thinking about Brusters. They have an ice cream flavor called coconut cream pie. I haven't had it in a while, and it is delicious. However, the thing about Brusters, is that you never know what flavors they are going to have. The flavors vary from day to day. We set out for Brusters in hopes that they would have our flavor of choice. Of course, they didn't. They did have a new flavor called peanut butter crunch with butterfinger. We both ordered a scoop, and it was great. I ate mine very slowly. I don't want a repeat of what happened last time I ate ice cream. I am really hoping I won't regret eating it later tonight. I'll put the trash can by the bed just in case.
While we were at Brusters, we saw the cutest little baby girl in a watermelon dress. One of the best things about having a girl would be the cute clothes you can buy. It really doesn't matter to either one of us if we have a girl or a boy. We just want a healthy baby. If we have a boy, we already have a name picked out. We are still contemplating a girl name. We have decided that we're probably not going to tell anyone the name until the baby is born. Too many people in our families are opinionated. We want to name the baby what we want, not what pleases other people.
I am going to the doctor tomorrow morning for an ultrasound and some blood work. This ultrasound is to check for down syndrome. We are certainly praying that the baby will not have down syndrome, but we will love the baby no matter what. We are already in love with this child, and he/she hasn't even arrived yet.
I will try to update you tomorrow on what the ultrasound looks like. We are ready to have some pictures to send our families.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment