I can't believe I only have two and a half weeks left until I start school. It seems that I have spent most of my summer break being sick and tired. I am just hoping the symptoms have vanished when school starts. I don't want to be running to the toilet during class or falling asleep during my planning period. Everyone says you are supposed to get this sudden burst of energy during the second trimester. While I haven't been quite as tired as I was in the first trimester, I still haven't felt the "burst." I am hoping it will hit me before August 13.
I am still on my mad hunt for maternity clothes. I was able to get a pair of khakis, a dress, and a shirt at Kohl's on Saturday. The dress and the shirt are sleeveless, so I will need to get a sweater to wear with those. My mom was nice enough to bid on a sweater and some capris for me on ebay. Fred and I went to Goodwill yesterday to look for maternity clothes, but it was a total failure. We first went to the Goodwill on Haywood. This was the most unorganized place I have ever been. There are no signs or sizes. There are just big tubs of clothes all over the store. I thought I was going to be sick when I picked up an item, only to find out it was some nasty looking stained underwear. I was ready to leave at this point. We then headed to the Goodwill on Woodruff Road. It was a completely different atmosphere in this store. The clothes were divided into different sections and we even placed in rows by sizes. They only had about five maternity things, and they were all old and worn out. So much for getting a deal.
I spent some time yesterday looking at bedding sets. My goal was to find one for a girl and one for a boy. I found a few girl ones I liked, but the boy sets just aren't as exciting. We have found an infant seat and stroller that we like, and we have been keeping our eyes open for the best deal.
We had two families come and look at the house on Saturday. We were actually here when the first family came. They liked the house from the outside and stopped by the model to see if they could look around. Fred and I were in the middle of cleaning, but we told them to come on over. They seemed like nice people, and they liked most of the house. They didn't like the fact that there are three bedrooms upstairs instead of two bedrooms and a bonus room. I guess you can't please everybody. It seems like there is always one little thing that keeps the house from being perfect for other people. It usually seems to be the yard. We haven't heard anything back from the second family. I am hoping they loved the house and want to buy it immediately. Every time somebody looks at the house, I always pray that they will buy it. I am trying to wait patiently, but I have to admit that it gets frustrating when your house has been on the market for a year.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment