It has been quite a while since I have posted anything. Fred and I spent four nights in Pigeon Forge, and we had a fabulous time. We left on Friday when Fred got off work. On Saturday, we started our day by eating breakfast at the Parkway Pancake House. Then we headed to the Tanger Five Oaks to do some shopping. I was able to get a few maternity things and some super cute things for the baby. The baby clothes were a great bargain. However, I can't say the same for maternity clothes. I got three shirts, a pair of leggings, and a cardigan and managed to spend $160. Ouch! These clothes better be the best of the best for that price. After we finished shopping, we headed to the Black Bear Jamboree to get tickets for that night's show. Then we went to the Pottery House Cafe for lunch. After lunch, I bought a piece of pottery at the Old Mill Pottery Store. Fred and I were a little tired at this point and went back to the hotel to get some rest. Before heading to the show that night, we made a stop at the Incredible Christmas Place. Then we went to the Jamboree. As always, the food and show were amazing! We had a blast! I couldn't even sleep that night because the songs kept playing in my head.
On Sunday morning, we headed to the Log Cabin Pancake House for breakfast. Then we went back to the Tanger Five Oaks for one last look around. We then went to the Belz Factory Outlet World and the Z-Buda Outlets. We decided to eat lunch at Bennett's BBQ. I had forgotten how good a BBQ sandwich is. It was delicious. We made a stop at the book store before going back to the hotel to get some rest. Around 3:00, we went to the Apple Barn for an afternoon snack. We got fried apple pies with ice cream. Yummy! Then we headed back to the hotel before heading to the Comedy Barn. After the show, we went to Carino's for supper. Then we went to the China Gift Mart to browse around before heading to the hotel for the night.
On Monday morning, we slept a little late. We went to the Old Mill for breakfast before venturing out to DollyWood. We saw the new show, rode the train, and looked around in the shops. We left DollyWood around 1:30 and went back to the hotel. Fred called in some Japanese food at Little Tokyo. I was pretty good. Then we spent most of the afternoon resting and relaxing. Fred wanted to try one of the fish places for supper, so we went to Pop's catfish. The food was very good. After supper, we went by one more souvenir store before turning in for the night.
On Tuesday, we managed to sleep late again. We went to Flapjack's for breakfast. They have the best maple syrup ever. We even got a jar to bring home with us. After breakfast, we checked out of the hotel and started our journey home.
We arrived in Greenville around 2:00. We ate lunch at Wendy's before starting our day care adventure. We went to Legacy Academy and Kids R Kids and got some information and looked around. We made an appointment to tour Park Place Children's Center at 7:00 that night. We decided to go by Babies R Us to look at strollers and cribs. We then went to Wal-Mart and Publix before heading for the house. We unloaded the car and ate a snack before leaving for Park Place. The facility was very nice, and we ended up being there for about an hour. When we left, we stopped by Quiznos to grab a sanwich before heading home for the night.
After we ate, we did some online browsing. We found out that Babies R Us was running a special on a three piece nursery set that we somehow managed to miss in the store. You saved over $300 if you bought all three pieces.
I headed out this morning to check out the Babies R Us bargain. It looked like a really nice set. Fred is going with me tonight to check it out. I also went by the bank and JCPenney while I was out. I managed to find some maternity clothes at JCPenney. When I was checking out, the cashier asked me if the clothes were for me. I told her that they were. She asked me why I was buying clothes for pregnant people. I told her it was because I was pregnant. I felt kinda awkward. I ended up getting a good deal with the sales and a coupon, so I guess it was worth the embarrassment. I then headed home to get ready for lunch. Fred came home about thirty minutes later. We ate lunch together, and I told him that I liked the crib set. He seemed happy about it. If he likes it as well, we might go ahead and purchase it tonight. The sale ends tomorrow. I will let you know what we decide. :)
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment