I finally made it to the grocery store yesterday. We had no food in the house, and something had to be done. I got up around 9:00 and had some oatmeal, watched A Baby Story, and hopped in the shower. I knew that I better go while I had to motivation. It is not easy to stay very motivated these days. I left the house around 10:45 and headed for Publix.
I was hoping that there wouldn't be a big crowd in the store, but there was. I still managed to get just about everything on the list. I even got some hoagie rolls and sandwich toppings to make "deluxe" sandwiches. They were very yummy! I got home around 11:45 and unloaded the car. I washed the lettuce and chopped the tomato and onion. I put the remaining groceries away and started making our sandwiches. I was pretty impressed with the end result. I even got some chips and french onion dip. Of course, I went over the budget of $50. I have tried to explain to Fred that you can't buy groceries and other necesseties such as shampoo, detergent, etc. for $50 per week. Can somebody please back me up here? Fred can go to the store and spend less than $50, but he really hasn't bought anything. If you buy a bag of chicken tenders and a box of dryer sheets, you have already spent $12. Things add up quickly!
I even managed to have enough energy to make some spaghetti for supper last night. It was really good, if I do say so myself. Along with the spaghetti we had seasoned chicken, mixed veggies, and salad. I think we both enjoyed it.
Thankfully, Fred took the Mississippi mud brownies to work yesterday. I was ready to get them out of the house. They were just too tempting. I did buy some more fruit yesterday and half already starting eating it. I should probably go get some more since it was on sale.
I guess it wasn't the most eventful day, but I was just glad to feel better. I haven't felt as well today, but I am making it. I am desperately ready for all of these zits to disappear. I hate the way my face looks. Talking about the negative side effects of pregnancy, did you know that you can get carpal tunnel and bell's palsy while you're pregnant? I didn't know this until yesterday. I thought, "Great, that's just what I need." I told Fred that I would rather have all this stuff happen to me instead of the baby. As long as he/she is healthy, I will just have to endure the bad skin and all of the other lovely side effects.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment