Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pity Party

I have decided that every pregnant person deserves the right to feel sorry for herself every now and then. I guess today was one of those days for me. I have not felt well all day. I was very tired this morning, and I also felt very weak. I had very little energy and was on the verge of feeling faint. Fred sent me a text message at 11:45 asking me if I wanted to go get pizza for lunch with some of the guys from his work. I just really didn't feel like getting out. I don't like to drive when I am feeling weak, and I didn't have on any makeup. It would have been perfectly fine with me if he went with them. I want Fred to hang out with his work friends. I just didn't feel like it on this particular day. Instead of going to eat with them, Fred came home for lunch. He was pouty the whole time because he wanted to get pizza. I told him, as I have fifty times before, that he is more than welcome to go out with his friends any time he wants. It certainly doesn't bother me to eat lunch on the couch while watching TV. He doesn't have to worry about me being alone. In fact, I would much rather he go with his friends than be upset with me for not going. It's a fact of life that I'm not always going to do what he wants to do, and that's okay. We are two different people, and we don't always have to want the same things.
Now that I've let off that steam, I'll move on to my next topic. I am so frustrated that we have no food in this house. All we have is junk like ravioli and brownies. We are out of fruit, and we have no meat to make sandwiches. I desperately need to go to the grocery store, but I haven't been going many places by myself since the passing out in Wal-Mart. I asked Fred at lunch if we could go tonight, and he said that we could. Then tonight, he just crashed on the couch. I understand that he is tired after working all day. However, I need a little help. I don't feel well, and I would rather not go out and about alone. Maybe we can get out tomorrow. I don't even have any milk to eat cereal tomorrow morning. At least there's oatmeal.
I certainly don't want to sound like I am complaining about Fred. He has been amazing. Like I said yesterday, my emotions are just crazy right now. I am hoping that tomorrow will be better. I am still sleeping with a trash can by the bed. My skin is awful. I have like fifty zits on my face, and I'm not even joking. I was hoping they would have cleared up by now, but they are only getting worse. I have at least one new one each day. It seems like I have gotten every negative side effect that comes with being pregnant. I haven't gotten the good things, like the thick hair, long nails, and glowing skin. I'm just waiting for the stretch marks to start appearing.
Okay, I guess that's enough feeling sorry for myself for one day. I will try to make tomorrow's post more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment