Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend

We had a really good three day weekend. I actually got up before 8:00 Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Fred was up around 6:00 doing yard work. He has really become "Mr. Fix It" lately. We planted my rose bush on Saturday, and it looks really pretty. I hope it continues to grow. I was pretty tired on Saturday and didn't take a bath until 2:00. After my bath, I cooked the baked beans and put the finishing touches on the flag cake. Fred was sweet enough to get me some peanut M&Ms and a coke Icee while he was out running errands. He also bathed Alex so that we could take him to the party with us.
We headed to Roger and Sam's around 6:00 that evening. Alex was a nervous wreck. He doesn't handle strangers well, and Mickey wanted to play with him. However, Alex was not interested in playing with a strange dog. Alex only associates with Max. Other than that, he has no dog friends.
The party was a lot of fun. There was also a lot of good food. We had burgers and hot dogs, chips and dip, baked beans, sweet potato crunch, and more. It was delicious. After we ate, the guys played video games for a while before we started the fireworks. The fireworks show lasted about an hour. It was now 11:00. Surprisingly, I wasn't very tired. We watched a comedian for about 45 minutes before heading home.
The flag cake was a huge success, and we had very little to bring home. We had about half a pan of baked beans to bring home, but that didn't bother us. We really like them and don't mind the leftovers. I am really glad we went. We had a really good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment