Sunday, July 12, 2009

Waffle House

Fred has always been a huge fan of Waffle House. When I first met him, he instantly told me that we would have to go to Waffle House. I had only been once in my entire life, and I was 22 when I met Fred. In fact, our first "real" date was at Waffle House. We went for breakfast one morning in our pajamas. Don't worry. I brushed my teeth and cleaned up and everything like that before we went. It's not like I just rolled out of bed and met him there. We were still in the early stages of dating. I wasn't dare going to let him see me without makeup! I can still remember what we ordered on that wonderful morning. I had a waffle with grits. Fred had a waffle and an order of hashbrowns scattered all the way. I still smile just thinking about it.
After we got married and moved to Arkansas, we ate at Waffle House somewhat regularly. However, since moving to Greenville, we have only been there twice in two years. Today made our third trip. I had forgotten how amazing the food is. We both ordered the all star special, and it was incredible. For those of you who do not visit Waffle House, let me explain the the all star special is. You get a waffle or biscuits with gravy, bacon or sausage, grits or hashbrowns, eggs, and toast. The best part is that it only costs $5.99. It's quite a deal. Our nice waitress even gave us a 10% discount. I guess we just looked sweet. The exquisite breakfast really gave me a good start to my day.
After eating, we went to Target and Staples. Staples was running a special where you could get an eight pack of pencils for one cent. The limit was two packs unless you are a teacher. Teachers can get 25 packs. Therefore, I spent an entire quarter for 200 pencils. Talk about the deal of the day! I am thinking about going back before the sale ends and getting some more.
Fred has been busy crunching numbers to see how we can make it financially when the baby arrives. We still haven't bought the first baby thing. Our first purchase will probably be the crib. I found one at Target that I like. It has gotten good reviews and costs $250. However, the crib is just the beginning. Being first time parents, we have absolutely nothing. My mom has bought the baby some MSU socks and a bib. We have a lot of shopping to do! Once we find out the sex of the baby, we will start doing some serious shopping. However, I do want to get things like the stroller and infant seat in somewhat of a generic pattern so that we can use it again for our next child, if and when that day ever comes!
We spent over an hour trying to research day cares on the internet today. Of course, the websites do not list prices. You can find some discussions where parents have stated the cost per month. Some of these places cost more than my paycheck. Ouch! I have told Fred multiple times to ask some of the guys at work where they leave their kids. He has been "working on that" for over a month now. We really need to leave the baby somewhere close to Fred's work because he will probably be the one dropping the little one off in the mornings. I will be the one picking up after school. We also need to find a place that will hold a spot over the summers while I am off. I am sure that some places want the child to stay there 12 months a year.
I am headed to the doctor tomorrow to make sure the little one is doing okay and probably to discuss more lab work. Have I mentioned how much I hate getting my blood taken? It would be different if my veins would cooperate. I guess I take after my dad in that aspect. My mom has those big bulgy veins that blood just flows out of so smoothly. I, on the other hand, have invisible veins that like to hold on to my blood. I can just see myself trying to push out the baby while they are still attempting to get an IV in my hand. I cringe just thinking about it!
Well, I guess that's about it for today. I'm about to watch the premiere of "Drop Dead Diva" on Lifetime. I'm hoping it will be good. I will let you know how tomorrow's visit goes. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment