Fred and I decided to buy the crib set we found at Babies R Us. We purchased it on Wednesday night, and it should arrive in about two weeks. We both like it, and we got a really good deal on it. It definitely looks like the type of furniture that can transition as the baby gets older. I am ready for it to get here, but I don't know how we're going to get it up the stairs. The dresser and chest are very heavy and already come put together. Fred thinks that I can help him lift it up the stairs. I told him that I'm not supposed to lift heavy stuff. He told me that I wasn't supposed to lift stuff after the baby is born. I told him I'm not supposed to lift heavy stuff while being pregnant or right after the baby comes. He said that he had never heard that. I guess I'm going to have to find an article online to prove to him that I'm not just making it up to get out of doing work.
The shirt I ordered from Motherhood Maternity came in yesterday, and it is really cute. I am still in desperate need of getting clothes before school starts. I need some khakis and capris and a few more tops. I also need some shoes. It's really hard to find shoes that meet dress code regulations. I can't have any thong type shoes that don't have a strap on the back. I wonder if the people who make the dress code ever do any shopping. I never thought finding shoes would be so difficult.
Fred and I need to get out tonight to get some food for the animals. Alex is completely out of dog food and has been eating chicken and turkey, which I'm sure hasn't bothered him. I was warming him some chicken nuggets in the microwave this morning, and I think the microwave might have burned out. It smelled horrible, and the smell lasted for hours. I was worried the smoke alarm was going to go off, but it didn't. I guess I'll cook them in the oven from now on.
I got very little sleep last night. I felt very sick and just couldn't fall asleep. I have also gotten to where I have to go to the bathroom at 4:00 every morning. I feel sorry for Fred because I usually keep him up most of the night. I might have to start sleeping in the guest room so that he can get some rest.
We are so ready to find out what the baby is going to be. We still have over a month before we find out. I see so much cute baby stuff, but there isn't much I can buy until we find out if Baby Roberts is a girl or a boy. We have found a stroller and infant seat that we really like that could go for a girl or boy. We want to buy something that is kinda neutral so that we can use it again in the future.
I'm not really sure what we're going to do this weekend, but I'm looking forward to having Fred at home. It can get pretty lonely during the day, and I am always glad to have someone here with me. Maybe we will sit down start doing some calculations for day care. Our goal is to reserve a spot by next Friday. I am hoping we will be successful.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment