Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Update

I know it has been a few days since I have posted anything. Let me explain. On Friday, our internet service would not work. Fred called Charter, and they said they couldn't send anyone out to fix it until Tuesday. Ugh! Anway, I left Saturday to visit my parents. After an eight hour ride, I was pretty tired by the time we finally arrived. However, I managed to get about five hours of sleep Saturday night. Two very sweet (but annoying) chihuahuas kept me up most of the night. Rox and Max decided they were going to sleep in the bed with me. My parents said they probably had fleas, and I decided they needed to get out of the bed. However, they would not budge. I know what you're thinking. They are small dogs. I should have just picked them up. Well, you don't know these dogs. Small dogs still have sharp teeth, and I was not taking any risks. I tried to get them to jump down, but they weren't giving in. I was really worried that I would have fleas crawling all over me, so I decided to sleep on the couch. Max started crying because he wanted me in the bed. Rox could have cared less. He would have slept all by himself in the bed. I got Max out of the bed, but then he cried because he wanted on the couch with me. I put him in the dog crate, but then he cried because he wanted out. It is now after midnight, and I am very frustrated. I laid in the bed and bumped Rox off when he wasn't paying attention. So both dogs are now in the floor crying. I got up to use the restroom and stepped in dog vomit. That was just the icing on the cake. My mom heard all the noise and got up. She let the dogs outside to use the restroom. When they came back in, they decided they would just camp out and cry by my bedroom door. I am glad that they love me so much, but they were driving me crazy. I just wanted to go to sleep. My parents finally get the dogs in their room, and Rox continues to cry. My dad finally got up and put both of them in the pen outside, where they continued to cry. They have been outside ever since. I was very tired yesterday and took a nap from 3:00-5:00. We then went riding around and got a sandwich at the Short Stop. It was amazing! I savored every bite. I even got an Icee, which I have not had in years. I cannot believe how expensive Icees have gotten. It cost $1.81 for a small. I was like, "Wow!" When I was a kid, you could get a large for $0.99. The times have definitely changed. After watching Army Wives, I headed to bed. I am still a little tired, but at least I didn't have to listen to dogs all night. I think today is going to be a pretty boring day, but we'll see. I miss Fred terribly and will be home alone all day. I will try to post again either tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment