Let me begin by explaining why I haven't posted in so long. Our internet has been going in and out for over two weeks. It might start working for five minutes and then stop working for seven hours. It has been very frustrating, but we are hoping it is now fixed. However, I was just telling Fred yesterday that I miss the days before technology took over the world. I can remember being a little kid and not having a computer, cell phone, or cable TV. Life was really good then. People actually talked to each other, and I think my family was a lot closer. Life was simple, and I really don't think we knew how good we had it. I know that now days, a teenager will tell you he/she can't live without a cell phone. It makes me kinda sad to know that my child will never know what life is like without having everything at his/her fingertips. I can remember the days when you had to go to the library to do research. There was no google. I learned to type on a typewriter. There was no backspace, no copy or paste. Anyway, I will get of this soap box and move on to my next topic.
I have decided that Wal-Mart is not so bad after all. I have been somewhat against Wal-Mart lately and have avoided going when at all possible. It is usually extremely crowded, and the employees are not very helpful. However, my perspective has changed since Wednesday. On Wednesday, I decided to head out to Wal-Mart to pick up the things on our list. I was done with all of my shopping except getting some sun-dried tomato turkey from the deli. If you haven't tried it, you must. It is amazing! Anyway, I was waiting in line to have the meat sliced, and I started feeling dizzy and hot. The next thing I know, people are holding me up and screaming to call 911. One of the ladies with me told me that I had passed out twice. I didn't remember anything. I was extremely weak and sweating really badly. They got me a chair. After a few minutes of sitting down, I started feeling better. The ambulance showed up, and two very nice EMTs checked me out. My blood pressure was low, as always. My heart rate was close to perfect. They tried to check my blood sugar, but their little finger pricker wouldn't work. This was probably a good thing, as I might have passed out again. They said they would not make me fill out any paper work or charge anything for coming to my rescue. How nice! I tried to call Fred several times, but he was in a meeting. I didn't really want to drive home because I was still weak, but I had no choice. Let me take a minute to point out that the two ladies who stayed with me until the EMTs arrived were Wal-Mart employees. However, they were not on the clock. They were doing their own shopping after their shifts had ended. I cannot thank these two very nice ladies enough. I guess I will now be known as the girl who passed out at Wal-Mart.
I guess that's the biggest event that has taken place in my life lately. I am still sleeping the majority of the time and feel sick almost every day. I am ready for the rough part to pass and look forward to the point where I can enjoy life again. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! :)
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment