Friday, December 11, 2009

Party Time Tonight!

Friday is finally here, and I am so relieved. Fred's work party is going to be held tonight at Sassafras, a restaurant in downtown Greenville. While I am excited about a night out, I am also tired. It's only 9:17 in the morning, and I am ready to lay back in the recliner and relax. My back and neck hurt, and I am tired. I plan on taking a shower when I get home, in hopes of waking myself up. I have been sleeping an extra fifteen minutes each morning, which has seemed to help a little. However, getting up about four times each night to go to the restroom really doesn't help the situation. I am starting to wonder if my bladder will ever go back to normal, even after the baby comes.
The weather is supposed to be really cold here this weekend. There's even a chance for some icy rain and snow. I'm not holding my breath, and I actually hope it doesn't get bad out. I still have some Christmas shopping that I need to finish, and I'm not driving by myself in bad weather.
I thought I was going to be productive yesterday by going to Wal-Mart after school. Boy, was I wrong! They had pretty much nothing that I needed. I wanted to get Fred a couple of small things for Christmas, but they were sold out of everything I had on my list. The main reason I went was to pick up a gift card for one of the coaches at school. His wife is expecting a baby this month. I thought I could kill two birds with one stone, but I was mistaken. I left the store tired, aggravated, and hungry. At least traffic wasn't bad on the way home.
On a positive note, Fred and I decided on a name for the baby. Yay! However, don't ask me what it is because I'm not telling you. It's a secret. In fact, we have heard time and time again that it is a good idea not to tell anyone. If no one knows, then no one can complain. We even ordered his Christmas stocking with his name monogrammed on it. I need to take his diaper bag by the Pink Monogram so that I can have his name put on it as well.
I have a good bit of laundry to do this weekend, but not nearly as much as last weekend. We did manage to get all of the baby's laundry done last weekend. This weekend I have to get my own laundry done. I still haven't washed my things for the hospital yet. We also haven't installed the carseat. It was on Fred's "to-do" list last weekend, but he just didn't get to it. We were super busy and both exhausted. I don't know what I would do without Fred. He has been so good to me, and I know that he is going to make an excellent Daddy.
Well, I better get going for now. It's time to give my students a quiz on poetry. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment