Today marks 38 weeks of being pregnant. Fred and I are both so ready for Baby Roberts to get here. School could not have ended at a better time. I have to say that I am quite proud of myself for making it until Christmas break. In fact, I only missed one day during the entire first semester. That's a record for me.
There was pretty bad weather here on Friday, December 18, which was the last day of school. School dismissed at 12:30, which was nice. I was glad to get home because I don't like driving in bad weather. Unfortunately, Fred's truck would not start when he was ready to leave work. I had to go pick him up around 5:20. Thankfully, there wasn't much traffic. We went back to his work on Saturday, but the truck still wouldn't crank. We had to go buy some jumper cables, and he was able to get it started on Sunday. He made it back to the house and put in a new battery this morning.
I was very blessed to receive some sweet gifts from my students at school. I received some homemade goodies and some things for the baby. My 3rd period class all chipped in and gave me a $100 Target gift card. Aren't they just too sweet? I have to say that I think I will actually miss my students while I am out on maternity leave. The students I have this year are by far the overall best group I have ever taught. I feel very fortunate to have them.
I am trying to decide what Fred and I should do for Christmas. It will just be the two of us this year. However, I still want to do some cooking. I plan on making a breakfast casserole for Christmas morning, but I'm not sure what I want to do for Christmas Eve. I will probably make some dressing and a sweet potato casserole, plus whatever sides we want to go with it. We'll have plenty of leftovers to freeze so that we will have some food to eat after the baby arrives. I'm sure we won't feel like spending our time cooking when we could be spending time with him.
Fred and I made a gingerbread house yesterday. It was a gift from my Secret Santa at school. I think we'll try to start making one each Christmas. It was fun, and it also makes a nice decoration.
We go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon, so I'll let you know what we find out. I am hoping the baby will be arriving sooner than later, but that decision is really out of my hands. Merry Christmas, everyone! :)
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment