Well, I think it's official. Jackson is most definitely a wild child! He has so much energy and is so strong. Pretty much the only time he cries is when he is fighting sleep, which has become a very regular thing. He just hates giving in to taking a nap. Personally, I would jump at the chance to take a nap in a nice comfy swing while lullabies play and sheep spin above my head. I mean, really, wouldn't that be the life?
We are trying to get Jackson started on a nighttime routine. He usually eats his rice cereal and takes a bottle sometime after 7:00. He is in the tub around 8:00. He then gets in his pajamas and watches/listens to his mobile. Then it's time to get in the sleep sack and get tucked in. He did really well last night. However, when I went to bed, he immediately woke up. I think he has some kind of sixth sense that wakes him up when I enter the room. He sleeps in a pack n play in our bedroom because his crib is upstairs. Our plan is to move him upstairs when he starts sleeping through the night. By the way, when is that going to happen? People have always told us that he would start sleeping through the night once he started eating rice cereal. Well, he has now been eating rice cereal for a month. However, he now gets up more during the night than he did before he at rice cereal. What's up with that? On a positive note, he absolutely loves the stuff. He gobbles it down with a huge smile on his face. Fred tasted it but said it was pretty yucky. However, Jackson acts as if he's eating a steak or some amazing dessert!
Anyway, back to being a wild child. He is probably his wildest when he gets in his bumbo. I guess he feels secure enough in it to move around. He wiggles and sways so much in the thing that he can make you dizzy. He leans over the side and tries to touch the ground. I am honestly a little scared that he is going to turn over in it. I keep an eye on him and even have it on a padded mat on the floor, but he still makes me nervous.
One of his "tricks" is arching his back and leaning his neck back so far that it is difficult to hold him. I worry that he is going to fall over the arm of the recliner and hit the floor. To only be five months old, this baby is so strong. I am literally worn out by the end of the day. My arms feel like jello by 5:00. Thank goodness it's not much longer before Fred gets home from work.
Jackson is such a good little traveler. It doesn't matter if it's a long trip or a ride to the grocery store, he is such a good sport. He has somewhat learned to entertain himself for short periods of time, which is a huge help. It gives me time to throw some laundry in the washing machine or wash his bottles. It is also nice when we go out to eat because we don't have to worry about spending our meal time trying to keep him occupied. In the eyes of his parents, Jackson is perfect!
Here's a little video of Jackson having a good time in his Bumbo. Enjoy!
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment