Sunday, June 6, 2010

Free Yogurt

Fred and I have a Buddy's Lot membership. Buddy's Lot is basically a club you join to get unlimited coupons to certain businesses. A membership costs $25 and is good for one year. The membership easily pays for itself. If we didn't have this, we would rarely ever go out for dessert. One of the coupons is a buy one, get one free at TCBY. We went to TCBY last night for shivers. They accidentally made mine wrong and gave us the "accident" at no charge. Therefore, by using our coupon and getting the mistake for free, we ended up with three shivers for the price of one. What a deal! The freebie is currently in the freezer. I'm sure we'll get to it eventually.
I am definitely a firm believer in using coupons. We have saved a great deal of money by shopping the sales and using coupons. Since I am now staying at home with Jackson, every penny we can save is super important. We barely ever buy wipes or baby food without a coupon and only spend about $5 per outfit on Jackson's clothes. I always browse the publix ad before we go to the store. There are many times I can get something on sale and use a coupon, which is a double bonus. Also, Publix doubles coupons up to $0.50. There have even been a couple of times where I have saved as much or more than I spent.
We also have a membership to Sam's Club. Thank you to my parents for renewing it for us! We buy Jackson's diapers and formula at Sam's, which saves us a lot! We also get toilet paper, paper towels, batteries, and LeSeur peas at Sam's.
I can honestly say it gives me a good feeling to be a thrifty shopper and save money. Even if we were wealthy, I would still be clipping coupons. After all, a penny saved is a penny earned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment