Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Getting Ready for Visitors

Jackson's grandparents are coming to visit us this weekend. I still have a lot to do to get ready. I have already made my menu, but the condition of the house is another story. I did do some dusting today, but that's about it. I swept the floors this past weekend, but I'm sure they will need it again before GiGi and Pop arrive. I have already warned by mom that the house might be a disaster. Jackson has done a great job of sleeping in his crib at night, but he has decided that his daytime naps should only take place in my arms. I really don't mind holding him while he sleeps, but it does keep me from getting any housework done. When Fred got home from work, I was able to take a shower, warm up supper, wash dishes, and dust. I also got the Fourth of July decorations out of the garage.
My parents will be staying with us for four nights. On Wednesday, we will leave Greenville and head to Pigeon Forge for three nights. I am excited about getting out of town for a few days and hope we have a great time. I am also hoping the heat will not be too extreme and that Jackson will be on his best behavior. Of course, being his mom, I think he is always a good boy. :)

Jackson went to bed around 7:45 last night and woke up at 7:45 this morning. I got up around 7:10 and was able to eat breakfast and get dressed before he awoke. We went for a walk around 8:10, and it was so nice outside! I am really hoping we can get out early more often. The later we wait, the hotter it gets. I cannot believe how hot it is here! On Monday, we went for a walk around 9:45, and I was covered in sweat. Here's a picture of Jackson in his stroller after our walk this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment