Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Days :)


We woke up yesterday morning to a winter wonderland. We got at least four inches of snow, and it it beautiful! All of the schools in Greenville County were closed, and many of the businesses were closed as well. Fred stayed home, which was great! Since becoming a stay-at-home mom, I have really learned to appreciate having another adult in the house. I had someone to talk to, help out with Jackson, and do some chores. It was nice. Fred got up early this morning to shovel the driveway, thinking he was going to venture out to work. After watching the news report on TV and walking out to a driveway covered in ice, he decided staying home was a much better idea than going to work. I am glad he is here! He has been on his GE laptop all morning, but I have still enjoyed just having him home. Jackson has entertained himself very well this morning and has now gone down for a nap.
Speaking of naps, it seems that Jackson is trying to convert himself to a one nap per day kinda baby. Yesterday he slept from 12:00-1:15 and then went to bed around 6:00. He didn't wake up until 6:45 this morning! Wow is all I can say! I'm not sure if that will happen again today since he fell asleep at 10:15 this morning.
Many people around Greenville are starting to wonder if school will be out all week. The students are out Friday anyway for a teacher workday. School is also out next Monday for Martin Luther King day. I am guessing there will be no school this Wednesday and a two hour delay on Thursday. I guess it really depends how much ice is still on the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment