Fred and I have been planning to spend our first Christmas as a family of three at our own house since before Jackson was born. Fred was fortunate to have two whole weeks off for Christmas break, and we planned to lounge around the house in our pajamas and bake Christmas goodies. Instead, we made two quick dashes to Florida and Mississippi to visit with our families before coming back to South Carolina for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. While we were extremely rushed and tired when we got back, we were glad we made the trip. Jackson was able to meet his family in Florida for the very first time. He was so well-behaved and barely cried at all. The only hard part of the trip was nap time. We ended up driving him around in the car so that he could sleep. He napped fine in Mississippi, but he has been there several times in the past. Both sides of the family were glad to see him.
Jackson's first Christmas was so much fun! He slept a little late Christmas morning, and Fred and I both rushed up to his room the minute he made a peep. We brought him down and showed him what Santa had left. He played with his toys while I cooked a breakfast casserole and muffins for our Christmas breakfast. After we ate, we started opening presents. Jackson's GiGi and Pop sent him so many gifts that he had to open some, then nap, then open some more. We didn't do a big meal for Christmas day because we had so much "holiday" food in Florida. We were kinda burnt out on dressing and such.
GiGi and Pop came up to our house on December 30 for Jackson's first birthday. We had cake and ice cream, and Jackson got lots of good presents. I think he was a little overwhelmed with all of the gifts he received. He didn't want to nap while GiGi and Pop were here because he wanted to spend every minute with them that he could. He stayed up late and played hard while they were here. He was very sad to see them leave. We hope they will visit again soon.
In current news, we are trying to transition from bottle to cup and from formula to whole milk. I think the switch to whole milk will be the easier of the two. We have been giving Jackson a cup since he was six months old, but he has never gotten the hang of it. He doesn't know how to suck on it so that liquid will come out. He usually just chews on the spout and then throws the cup in the floor. I think we have just about every cup that one can buy. We have tried hard spouts, soft spouts, handles, no handles, and straws. He goes to the pediatrician tomorrow for his one year check-up, and I'm sure we will get the lecture about how he should be off the bottle. We have tried! I am hoping she will have some suggestions that will work.
Jackson took his first steps a few days ago and has also started saying "mama." I was looking at some pictures last night from several months ago, and I can't believe how much Jackson has grown. It makes me sad that Jackson is growing up so quickly, but I have enjoyed watching everything he has learned to do. He is such a little cutie, and I love him more than anything!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment