Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our First Week

Fred and I survived our first week of being parents. Of course, having my parents here did help out tremendously. It's nice having some people to hold the baby, feed the baby, change the baby, wash dishes, fold towels, etc. I will definitely miss the help next week. Jackson and I will be spending a lot of time together, just the two of us.


This past Wednesday marked Jackson's one week birthday. I made cupcakes with blue icing to celebrate the occasion. I wish the sweet little guy could have had one, but he seemed content with just having his bottle. This little boy is crazy about his bottle.


We have only had one rough night since he was born. Jackson is not the kind of baby who cries just for the sake of crying. On Thursday night, he screamed for two hours straight. We came to the conclusion that he was having gas pains and gave him some mylicon. About fifteen minutes after we gave him the medicine, he stopped crying and went to sleep. I guess our assumption was right. I am so thankful we had the medicine. A big thanks to one of my teacher friends at school for giving us a medicine kit as a baby shower gift. The medicine smells sweet, and Jackson really likes the stuff. The bottle says it is safe for him to have it up to 12 times a day. However, we certainly don't plan on giving him that much. It seems that night is when he seems to have some pain issues. We are going to the pediatrician on Monday and plan to ask her if she has any suggestions for us. I did some research online and found that milk bank storage bottles were rated #1 for helping with gas. Fred and I went to Babies R Us last night and picked up a pack. So far, they seem to have helped. He has been burping better, and he doesn't cause the nipple to collapse on these bottles. Did I mention he has some major suction strength?


Here are a few pictures from the past week. He is already growing and changing from when he was born.



No comments:

Post a Comment