Monday, August 10, 2009

Getting Ready

I managed to get myself out of bed this morning and head to the school. I am changing classrooms this year, and I had to start moving my stuff. I was the only teacher on the eighth grade hall who was there today. I am sure more people will be there tomorrow because we get points for the hours we work on Tuesday and Wednesday. However, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and will not be able to put in as many hours as I would like. I knew I needed to get a jump start. The school was very quiet and hot. I was sweating before I left. Fred and I met at Fatz for lunch because he had early afternoon meetings and would be too rushed to go all the way home. After lunch, I went to the School Spot and Target to buy some school supplies. I then came home and made calendars for August through December. I am hoping to get my bulletin boards done tomorrow and put up my welcome sign. I don't want to do too much before I go to the doctor because I will get too hot. I really want the room to look bright and inviting to the students. While I was at the school, I noticed that a few of the other teachers had also been moved into different classrooms. I will have two new neighbors this year. I am going to try to get up early tomorrow so that I can get two hours of work in before I go to the doctor. I don't want to procrastinate. It makes me feel good to be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment