Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Lovin'

Well, summer is officially here. Even though it has felt like summer for quite some time, the first official day of summer was last week. The temperature is already reaching the 90s on most days, and it is H-O-T around here! Jackson and I have been doing a little walking/jogging on most mornings. I usually take a little break on Wednesdays for Kindermusik and Sundays for church. I started the couch to 5K a few weeks ago and have really grown to enjoy jogging (at least most days). Jackson absolutely loves being outside, and he especially loves swinging at the park. Whenever we pass by the playground area when he is in the stroller, he points, oohs, and aahs. We finally broke down and ordered him a basic little swing set to put in our backyard. I am sure we will be spending a great deal of time out there once it arrives.
Nap time has become a huge battle. Jackson usually goes down easily but it up after only an hour of sleeping. One hour is simply not enough. He is a huge grump for the rest of the day, which makes the minutes drag on like hours. He does have several teeth coming in, so I think that might have something to do with his short naps. He has also been waking up around 5:00 each morning, which is no fun at all for Mommy and Daddy. He has done much better the past few nights, so we are hoping it was just a short little phase that has now passed.
Jackson's newest food obsession is sweet potato fries. I bake them in the oven, and he absolutely loves them! He has become a pro at opening re-sealable bags. He loves opening the pantry door and getting out the oreos and goldfish. He managed to get a bottle of red food coloring out of the cabinet last week and had it all over himself. Sometimes there is nothing you can do besides laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment