Getting Jackson to take naps has become a real battle. He will gladly take a nap in my lap, but that is the only place he wants to take one! He used to nap in his swing all the time, but he has now decided he doesn't want to do that any more. If you are a mom, you know what I mean when I say that I hate to hear him cry. However, it looks like that's what he is going to have to do. I have started putting him in his crib at nap time. I read that I should let him stay in there for one hour before I pick him up, even if he cries the whole time. I do watch him on the baby monitor and go up to check on him every fifteen minutes. I put him down at 9:00 this morning, which is his regular morning nap time. He cried the entire time! When I brought him down at 10:00, he wanted to fall immediately asleep in my lap. I wasn't about to let him do that after listening to him cry for an hour. It would undo everything I am trying to accomplish. I put him in his swing, and he slept there for an hour and fifteen minutes. I put him back in his crib at 2:00 this afternoon. He cried for another solid hour! I brought him down at 3:00 and put him in his swing. He fell asleep about forty minutes later. At least he didn't cry or fight sleep in his swing. He just relaxed in there until he finally dozed off. I know this is going to be a battle, but he will eventually learn. It absolutely breaks my heart to hear him cry, but I know this is what will be best for him in the long run. He can't sleep in my arms forever, even though I really wouldn't mind! :)
The second battle with Jackson is getting him to wear a bib while he eats. He has decided that he hates bibs. If he is wearing a velcro bib, he rips it off. If he is wearing one that snaps, he refuses to eat until I take it off. This child has a mind of his own!
He is sleeping in his swing as I am typing this. I am in the process of making a chicken broccoli casserole and chocolate chess squares. :)
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment